After signing up for FitClick, you’ll be asked to choose how you would like to use the service. You can setup your workout, setup your diet, complete your profile information, or skip setup completely and just start using the track-only exercise and diet option.
DIET & NUTRITION
If you choose to setup your diet, you will be asked some simple questions about your personal goals so that we can best configure the tracker. Upon completion of configuration you will be directed to the main Diet Tracker page. This is where you track the details of your daily eating. To see other features that are available in the Diet & Nutrition section, simply click on that navigation tab. Then use the secondary navigation to learn what the section has to offer:
Diet Tracker: Whether you have a FitClick diet, another member's diet, your own creation, or you're just tracking, use this tool to keep track of what you eat every day.
- Use the Diet Scorecard feature to track the nutrients that are important to you.
- Click on the name of a particular food item in your weekly menu for a nutrient breakdown of each serving.
- To change an entire meal or food in your meal plan, click on swap and choose from the selected list or use the search functionality in the swap window.
- All changes are automatically saved. Change your diet at any time using the “switch” link.
Diet Plans: Search through the thousands of diets created by FitClick and by other members to find the one right for you.
How Many Calories: Browse through our food directory for general nutrition information and to find out how many calories and carbs in the food you eat. Use the nutrition facts table to learn how much protein, fat, fiber, cholesterol and sodium your food contains. Comprehensive nutritional information is available on over 60,000 foods.
Mobile Apps: Now you can keep track of the food you eat while on the go using Twitter. Out at a restaurant, but still want to track your calories? Just tweet us what you eat and we'll track the food for you.
My Diet Dashboard: Your personal diet homepage that offers a snapshot of yesterday, today and tomorrow. Gain quick access to your personally created diet plans and all diets available on the site.
WORKOUT & FITNESS
If you choose to setup your workout, you will be asked some simple questions about your personal goals so that we can best configure the tracker. Upon completion of configuration you will be directed to the main Workout Tracker page. This is where you track the details of your daily eating. To see other features that are available in the Workout & Fitness section, simply click on that navigation tab. Then use the secondary navigation to learn what the section has to offer:
Workout Tracker: Whether you have a FitClick workout, another member's workout, your own creation, or you're just tracking, use this tool to keep track of your workout routine.
- Click on “Add An Exercise” drawer to build your own workout or to add any additional exercises to the tracker.
- Select a series of days to build a new workout routine. Choose a start date and an end date and your routine will include the number of days selected. Days without workouts will be treated as rest days.
- When you make a change to a current, past or future workout day, click on SAVE EDITS to save your changes.
- Use the Copy Day functionality to add an existing day to an empty day.
- Once you have completed a workout, enter your results and click on the SUBMIT RESULTS button. This button only appears for your CURRENT WORKOUT as Workouts must be submitted in order. You must complete your workout and enter the results for new days to be generated.
- New days will only be created for “planned” workouts, not “track-only” workouts. To build your own plan, create workout routines in the tracker and then click on “Save as a new plan” to set a date range of workouts.
- If you need to change the complete date, note that the date entered must be your current workout or a past workout. The system will not accept workout dates in the future.
- If you choose to skip (delete) your current workout, use this function to progress to the next scheduled workout in your routine. This will only delete the workout chosen and will not alter your routine.
- Use the “Switch” function to reconfigure your workout and switch to a new workout routine.
- If you don't know how to do an exercise, click on the name of the exercise for text instruction and/or an animated demonstration.
- Submitted workouts are marked in light blue on the Calendar while upcoming workouts are marked in dark blue. Click on any day in the calendar to edit past or upcoming workouts, or to add exercises to a blank day.
Workout Plans: Search through the thousands of workouts created by FitClick and by other members to find the one right for you.
My Fitness Dashboard: Your personal workout homepage that offers a snapshot of yesterday, today and upcoming days. Gain quick access to your personally created workout plans and all workouts available on the site.
Exercises: Search through the exercise list to get more information about particular exercises and routines. (This also can be done directly from the Workout Tracker)
The best way to have success with any workout or diet plan is to have proper physical and emotional support. Get involved with the thousands of FitClick members who are just like you.
Blogs: Find ideas and inspiration by reading through Member Blogs or start your own.
Message Boards: Get involved in the FitClick community by helping others and finding new diet and fitness friends.
Friends: Create more personal diet and fitness relationships by making friends on the site just like you do on Facebook.
Articles: Read through the hundreds of interesting exercise and diet articles and Q&A’s.
Groups: Join one of the many support groups users have created on the site. Or start your own!
Points: Just for fun, users receive points for many different usage activities. The more active you are the more points you can earn.
My Profile: Tell the rest of FitClick about yourself. Trade messages with others on your Wall.
One of the best ways to improve your eating habits is to find new, healthier recipes. Search the thousands of recipes in the FitClick database and the thousands more added by FitClick members. Create new recipes to share and help other FitClick members eat tasty, healthy dishes
A grab bag of FitClick functionality, the My Tools sections delivers quick access to all the most useful functions on the site, including your diet Tracker, Workout Tracker, Weight Chart graph (where you can Weigh-In), Measurement Chart (if you want to track particular body measurements like Waist), BMI Calculator, and Body Fat Calculator.
My Points: Shows the details of your accumulated point gains.
My Activity Log: Details you and your Friends various activities on the site.
My Watchlist: Another level of Friendship on the site, the Watchlist lets you give certain friends a higher level of access into your account. Developing a sort of “Mentor/Protégé” relationship or a peer-to-peer relationship adds a level of accountability to your workout and diet goals. When you allow others to “Watch” you or you agree to “Watch” someone else, you are able to see if a friend hasn’t worked out lately, or hasn’t been tracking their diet, etc. On top of that, you are able to look-in at their workouts or diets tracked to see exactly what your friend is doing (or isn’t doing) properly so you can message them encouragement.